Media 2015


Bahrain This Month Magazine [January 2015]


'HELLO!' Magazine Webarticle [13.03.2015]



Hello.ru guest editor Julia Volkova continues to conduct her column. Recently we have written that Julia, one of the participants on Dancing With the Stars, had a trauma during her rehearsal, but found strength in herself to continue with the show. Alas, Julia had to leave the project as doctors did not share her enthusiasm and forbid heavy work load in the near future.

In her new column Julia decided to talk about how important dancing is to her and why she is ready to endure pain for it:
“Dancing…for some it is just a sport, for others it is magic, and for others a language of gestures, feelings and emotions. Each person takes away something from it and expresses themselves in their own way. Dancing and choreography as a whole is a huge physical and moral effort. I will tell the story of my exploration of this art form, of my small victories and defeats.

My first steps in choreography were being part of the “Neposedi” ensemble. I was trained in classic music - I had to pull up my socks, to be a refined girl. It was not easy for me, to put it mildly. In my childhood I wasn’t calm - I was a real “fidgeter”. That’s why getting acquainted with dancing was hard.

Looking back now, I think that it was worth overcoming myself and developing choreographic abilities. During training there is pressure on all muscles. The body becomes elastic and fit and a beautiful posture is formed. Dancing also has a positive effect on your gait, making it beautiful, straight, and noble. That is why I send my daughter to dance classes. However, genes prevailed as she is more drawn to singing classes and sports.

My second experience with dancing happened when I was 15-16 years old. Being in t.A.T.u. I toured actively and our whole concert was based on choreography. In order to avoid sprains and injuries we had to wear protective pads for our knees and elbows, which we successfully “fit” into our concert costumes.

Of course, dancing is tied to an increased risk of injury. This was confirmed in my latest experience: due to a cracked rib, which happened during rehearsal, I was forced to leave “Dancing With The Stars”. A month of daily exercises, which became an alternative to the gym, became a habit. And suddenly it all turned to nothing…But, it is not worth talking like this, because nothing happens in vain. Thanks to the exercises my body is more refined and fit. Of course I was sad to leave the project: I was not able to implement many ideas! At the same time, I finally understood that ballet dancing is not for me.

Modern choreography is another thing. Two years ago I had the opportunity to work with the eminent choreographer Yanis Marshall. He has worked with a lot of stars from all around the world. Modern elements in choreography came to me naturally. They correspond to my inner state. I am positive that people should choose what they are more comfortable with in dancing."


Teleguide № 11, 2015


TV Guide Magazine
Julia Volkova: Temptations and Trials

A trail of fame from being a member of t.A.T.u. still follows the singer, who has been pursuing a solo career. And no wonder: even if she has not yet achieved her incredible previous success, the brunette t.A.T.u.-girl has everything ahead of her - her fans are confident in this.

-Julia, are you tired of you name having “ex-t.A.T.u.” written next to it?
-This is a huge, integral part of my life. How can I be tired of it or reject it? The fame that t.A.T.u. had, no matter which way you twist it, is going to follow me for a long time. This is normal. I still perform our hits and playlists at my concerts, people wait for the songs, and this says everything.

-How is your relationship with Lena Katina?
-When we cross paths we, of course, say, “Hello”, and are interested in what is going on with the other. But there is nothing more than that.

-How many times have you performed together recently?
-The last time was around a year ago when we premiered “Love In Every Moment” on BIG Love Show. We have not performed together since then.

-During t.A.T.u. you had steamy interactions on stage and apparently were good friends. Why do you not communicate after t.A.T.u.’s split?
-A time comes when you have to take a break from each other. We practically lived the same life for 10 years, spending almost every single day together. Then a moment came when we had to stop communicating for a certain amount of time. We did not agree to it, everything happened by itself. Our lives are parallel to each other, practically without any points of contact.

-Right now Lena is waiting for her firstborn. What advice did you give to her as an experienced mom?
-Before New Year’s we came together for a shooting and I congratulated her and we talked. But I did not give her any specific recommendations. This is something that is based on the individual person.

-It is written online that after the opening ceremony at the Olympics in Sochi you and Lena had a conflict and t.A.T.u. split for a third time. What happened, exactly?
-You know, even a year later it is still a mystery to me.

-Why does the band always have scandals surrounding it?
-This was people reacting to the problems in society that we showed through our creative work. We never caused scandals in terms of, let’s say, the grapes in the dressing room having seeds and us requesting grapes without seeds.

-t.A.T.u.’s producer, Ivan Shapovalov, survived a difficult illness. How is he doing now?
-All of the unpleasant things, thankfully, are left in the past. Ivan came to my birthday party on February 20th. He looked amazing! I was happy that the came. I invited him, but I was not sure if he would show up. He looked true to himself: bright, unusual clothing and a wide, honest smile. We talked and danced a lot. I saw the former Ivan!

-Why do you not start working with Ivan again?
-I don’t think you can do the same thing twice. Right now is a time in my life when I want to experiment on my own, try something new, test the waters.

-During your long career on stage you have tried on different masks, changed your image, your orientation. Who is the real you? Which of the public/stage images is closest to the real you?
-Each of my images corresponded to the state in which I was during either that or another time. Yes, I was a tomboy at some point. Now I am a mother of two who I am responsible for. This is obviously why I became more womanly and calmer than I was when I was 15. An artist will become boring if he or she is constantly covered by a mask. People can feel a fake. If I change my image it means that my inner state has changed.

-On February 20th you turned 30 years old! What does this date mean for you?
-I look at such things philosophically. In any case 30 years is a new stage in life. Right now I became more levelheaded. I understand that any situation can be solved calmly.

-What did your children give to you for your birthday?
-Vika gave me a real surprise. She sang Alla Pugacheva’s “Forgive, Believe”. Samir gave me a beautiful handmade card. I was very touched.

-Which memorable and unexpected surprises were you given?
-During my celebration my friends gave me a big, wrapped box. The next day when I was going through my gifts and saw a microphone inside of it. It was a pleasant surprise, I love useful gifts.

-Looking back, what would you like to change in your life?
-It is not like me to regret things that happened to me. I don’t live in the past. If there were no hard situations in my life it is possible that I would not be the person I am today. It’s all a priceless experience!

-Why is the heart of beautiful women like yourself still free?
-I guess that’s how the stars in the sky aligned.

-In your opinion what are men are afraid of when looking at you? Do you want too much from them? Or that you have two children?
-Not everything is so simple. For me is is important to love a person and know that his feelings are the same. And I think that when a man loves he is not afraid of anything and fights for his love.

-How do your children get along with each other?
-Like all kids, of course, they fight about little things. But as a whole their relationship is harmonious.

-What are your children’s creative inclinations?
-Victoria plays tennis and recently has began going to vocal lessons. It looks like she likes it. She loves to be the center of attention. Samir is more interested in the sciences, he is a thinker. I thought about signing him up for swimming, but maybe that will be a little later when he is older.

-What is the hardest for you in raising a boy and a girl?
-If it wasn’t hard it would be boring to live. Every child needs an individual approach. It doesn’t not matter it is a boy or a girl. I try to address the needs of each of them, develop their talents and abilities. The main thing is to see individuality in a child.

-Who is with your kids when you are on tour?
-My nanny stays with them, my mom keeps everything under control. She comes over every day, helps with homework and spends time with them. No mater where I am we are always communicating. Besides that I take the kids with me on adventures and tour ever chance I get. They like it.

-How do they make you happy?
-I like that they are doing what they like. Our family does not have such a thing as “you are going to take music lessons and you will play soccer”. The kids take initiative themselves. If they do not like it they change to something else. They are organized. This gives me happiness.

-Do they understand that their mom is a famous singer?
I think so. But we never stress it.

-Are you going to do something that no one is expecting from you?
-When the time comes you will know.

-Why have you not been recording songs lately?
-I had a long pause due to problems with my voice. But I am recording demo tracks in the studio. If everything is fine then you will hear them soon.

-How do you feel now?
-I had surgery on my vocal cords in the summer. A long restoration process follows. My voice has begun to sound better, even though it is still not back completely. But there is definitely progress!

-What could cause you to leave your profession?
-The stage is my whole life and it is hard for to imagine myself not doing my favorite thing, at least now. As of now I have inspiration, I don’t even want to think about it.

-You have been in show business for a long time. Have you ever acted like a diva? How did you deal with it?
-I have not. I had periods of emotional exhaustion. This was a consequence of chronic sleep deprivation, regular travel and constant publicity. You feel like a squeezed lemon at times.

-Which trail has been the most serious?
-Every day is a trial, a temptation. There are new people both bad and good. In my life there really were serious trials. But no matter what happens you have to get up and move forward. You should never feel sorry for yourself.

-What does happiness mean to you? Do you consider yourself a happy person?
-Happiness for me is family and the realization of creative potential. I have both. This is why I can confidently say that I am happy!


Hello.ru Interview [26.03.2015]

Guest Editor HELLO.RU Julia Volkova: the dangers posed by cosmetic procedures
In his regular column, the singer decided to discuss the beauty treatments and the dangers that can trap in beauty salons.

- Life is not possible without women care for their appearance! And it was true at all times - remember all the famous Cleopatra, who introduced the fashion of milk baths, in order to prolong their youth and beauty.
Modern beauty industry offers a wide range of services and goods. But I am quite convinced that it is necessary to be very selective when deciding on any experiments, as you may encounter with a rather unpleasant consequences. Was and in my experience the bitter experience.
A few years ago, when I was resting on the sea, she decided to try the "miraculous" mask of 24-carat gold leaf. The essence of the procedure is that the cleaned and prepared for the procedure face master puts the finest plates of gold leaf. Local Estheticians claimed that extracts the precious metal skin absorbed directly by stimulating positive changes in it: gold ions remove dead skin cells, promote the speedy regeneration and cell renewal. Thus, the skin becomes more youthful, supple and velvety. But in my case it happened differently. Instead of the expected "super-effect" I received a severe allergic reaction. It was skin irritation, itching and swelling. Even had to ask for help from your doctor! With their help I was able to get rid of the consequences of the "Golden Mask" for a few days now and I'm very careful to all sorts of experiments.
For myself, I picked up a makeup that is perfect for my skin. This professional care. At the same time, for many years, and I use folk remedies that are proven. One such tool - cosmetic ice. It is made very simple: the dried flowers of chamomile broth is poured into molds for ice and put in the freezer.
Every morning I wipe the face of the cube of ice. This tool helps narrow pores and refresh your skin and give it a healthy glow.
In our own experience, I was convinced: sometimes miraculous effect have very simple and accessible to everyone cosmetics and procedures, and for them to be sure your skin will thank you.


'SNC' Magazine March 2015


OK! Magazine  № 14 (433) [April 2015]

Gallery


Отдохни Magazine [18.07.2015]


pravDA Newspaper [03.08.2015]


KP Newspaper [04.08.2015]


Teleprogramma Newspaper [05.08.2015]


OK! Magazine [20.08.2015]


Vse Zvezdy' Magazine [07.09.2015]


SVET RnD Magazine (September 2015)

Dni. ru Interview  [08.12.2015]


Julia Volkova: I like motivated men
Julia Volkova told about the changes in her personal life, plastic surgery and new projects. She gave birth to two children, celebrated the 30th anniversary and will surprise her fans once again. 


Julia, what do you do? You have recorded a single. Who is the songwriter of the lyrics and music?

Now there is a promotional tour in support of the single "Держи рядом." Alex Prodakshenom was engaged in this song. Now there are many concerts, rehearsals parallel I prepare and record new musical material.

What means the song for you personally? You named the released clip autobiographical ...

Yes! The way it is! There was a story in my life where a young man was much younger than me. I experienced everything personally what you can see in the video - like impressions and emotions. Generally I believe that the work should be binding, showing emotion of the actor, the personal experiences and joy. This the artist can show the real feelings and it may help someone to understand that I'm not the only one ... Or not to be alone. The essence of the video "Держи рядом" means love of all ages. It is necessary to love, give in to the feelings and don't care what others will say!

How do you usually add up relationships with men? Is it more a happy relationship or a storm of passions as a minefield? What do you prefer?

Friendships and also relationships are all very individually: one person is more comfortably, just shut up, watching a movie and the other one has more energy, emotions and exploses like a volcanic eruption. And another person is more funny. Everyone chooses his own. I'm temperamental and emotional but next to me I want a man with whom I will feel like a stone wall. Intrigue, gossip object. Always speak openly in the eyes.



Tell us about your children. They are old enough. Do they know already who they want to become?

They need to grow up and and find out what they really like. I think Samir is a serious boy. He likes to swim and the circle of chess. Victoria is still looking. She experiments: likes to sing, was engaged in dancing and acting. She's definitely a creative girl. We'll  wait and see what will come next.

How are your popularity?

At home, I'm not a singer. I'm more a mother. It happens that they are on vacation so they can travel with me to shootings because they are interested in those things. But I try to avoid it.


Who stays with the children when you are on tour? How do you like to spend your free time?

They have a nanny, she is with them. She's also helping with the upbringing of my parents, so they don't remain unattended. In about free time - we try to spend the whole time together which varied. It depends on the season: for example in summer we like to go to the beach, nature, parks. In winter more ice skating, swimming or in a cinema.



In the past you said that there's no relation or support of the fathers. Did anything has change? Do your children communicate with their fathers?

I never prohibited from seeing their children. If the father takes the initiative - even if seen or to communicate. But I can't force them.

Everyone is interested in what is going on in your personal life. Are you in Love?

It's personal. It remains behind the scenes.

With what can a man win? What qualities do you appreciate and which you would't tolerate?

I love the spirit of a strong, purposeful man. For the res my heart will tell.

Something that could never be forgiven?

Betrayal! I will not tolerate this. The man who once betrayed, betrayed again. It is not like when I lie. I prefer bitter truth than flattering deception.

You recently cut your hair and make a new hairstyle. Whether this is due to the changes in your life?

I'm inspired during the whole creative process. Plus, I'm by nature I'm an experimenter. I constantly changing the length, hairstyle and color.

How about the plastic surgery? Fans excitedly discussing about your appearance in the network and how it has changed since the time of t.A.T.u..

Everyone has the right to decide for his own, to see what fits and the person feels. I never put a framework: it is bad, but it's good. If a person went to some act - it's his choice, such an implementation. And about my appearance, I can't look like 15 years old girl with 30. At least, I do not feel like a 15-year-old girl, and I'm a mother of two children.
I believe when you look like the same for the whole time you will become bland and boring, but it means that you don't move, don't develop. I'm a experimenter - that's it. And that's why I like or, conversely, do not like this,

You're not going to act again as part of t.A.T.u? Do you keep in touch with Lena Katina?

There's no communication, sometimes we see each other when there's overlap on the set. The time isn't ready for t.A.T.u. yet. Let's see what will happen

Do not miss the stunning popularity of that, which was with the group?

Life is very changeable. Today, you are the number one in all the charts of the world and tomorrow you're just a mom  and after tomorrow there is success again.
To be honest, in 2008-2009 I wanted to rest from the crazy shedule and endless fatigue. I needed this break. Now I am full of strength and inspiration. There's a lot of work. I'm writting songs and at the same time I find time for the children. I am happy, and this is important!

Do you regret something that is not as committed as they are now worth?

No. I'm not the person who will be sorry about something. Even some mistakes that I made, I regard it as a lesson. I concluded - and it is necessary to go further ahead, to continue doing them.


Do you have a best friend? Who is she? Tell us about the closest people.

I have a real friend - Katya! She's with me through my life from early childhood. We rest together, talk on the phone every day, meet, communicate. Supports and never betray - a true friend. We are working together. And my whole team - which was formed - the people are close to me in spirit. They aren't only mates for me. They're also friends.

This year you turned 30 years old. Does this mean something for you? Do you think you became wiser or calmer? Something has changed?

This is unique. People need to change otherwise there is no more progress, development. Internally, I definitely changed, I'm in harmony with myself, philosophically beginning to treat some things, but my temperament not gone anywhere!

What do you want in your personal life and career? Maybe a wedding, the third child, your own label or a premium Grammy?

You know, when the project began t.A.T.u., no one thought that we will become the number one in the world. We just did our job and it brought results. I'd like to get a Grammy. Yes, I wanted! But I don't dream and dreaming about this or any other award. I enjoy the creative process of communicating with the public in general and from work, and the award is just a small addition.



PPcorn Quick Interview [17.11.2015]

PPCorn express interview with Julia Volkova in the category 'Yes' or 'No'.
Text?


1. Does the attention of media / press confuses your personal life? - No
2. Do you have Japanese friends? - No
3. Have you ever lied in an interview? - No
4. Can you imagine your life without show business? - No
5. Do you remember your very first performance? - Yes
6. You might say to someone's face, that he had no hearing? - Yes
7. Have you ever fell in love with someone at first sight? - Yes
8. Do you often revised episode of "Yeralash", which starred? - No
9. Would you agree to sing a duet with Justin Bieber if he proposed? - No
10. Are you checking your own pages on social networks? - Yes
11. Have you been a popular girl in school? - Yes
12. Do you consider yourself to be 'stubborn'? - Yes
13. The domestic audience greets you better than overseas audience? - No
14. Do you have a "talisman", which you are wearing to be sure that everything will be ok? - No
15. Are you ashamed of a song from the repertoire of «t.A.T.u.»? -No
16. You may be able to achieve popularity without the participation of "Neposedy"? - Yes
17. If you were invited at the Eurovision Song Contest again to represent Russia, will we win? - Yes
18. You know how to knit? - No
19. If you could travel back in time, would you have gone to the future instead of the past? - Yes
20. It is better to sing in Russian than in English? - No
21. Do you often communicate with Ivan Shapovalov? - Yes
22. Did you keep any Musical awards which you have won? - Yes
23. Do you regret that you spent the most of your childhood in concert halls and on the road? - No
24. Do you prefer long hair than short hair? - No
25. Are you visiting Lena Katina in the United States? - No
26. Do you like our questions? - Yes



Press conference via Tochka.net [11.12.2015]Text?
Gallery
  •  Video
Julia Volkova: Hello! It's me Julia Volkova. Today I'm with you on the portal Tochka.net! And I'll respond to all-all-all of your send questions!


Question: What's your shoe size? Do you think you have a small legs? However, back with t.A.T.u. did Lena Katina and you constantly changing shoes? Does she has also the size of legs like yours?
Julia Volkova:  My shoe size is 35 and I have small legs :) No, Lena has the size of 37, so we didn't change our shoes.

Question: I'm curious to know what you want to achieve more in your life? Do you feel a used inner satisfaction which want to conquer vertices?
Julia Volkova: There's no limit to perfection - in any case we have to develop - to think about tomorrow, to go ahead. Everything is related to creativity: producing, design of clothes and shoes, maybe, to create a group. Now at this point I have my solo career, and then - I'm going to grow, watch and see what will happen.


Question: So far I know you smoked. If you know that Victoria started smoking, how will be your reaction?
Julia Volkova: Well, I don't know. I'll see when she tells me about it. For now it's difficult what to say what I will think. Actually all teenagers are going through this. I need to explain that it isn't necessary, and then - each person have their own mind, their brains, their health. I also started smoking early. Somehow don't remember that there were some problems with my parents.

Question: Recently I was watching the episodes of 'Yeralash' when you were dressing the boy into a woman. Can you tell us about your childhood - the cast of little Julia that we see now?
Julia Volkova: It is necessary to ask my parents who I was, I can't remember my childhood very well. What you can see in Eralash - I'm the same active person, the same sociable, talkative girl.

Question: Sometimes life is very sad and lonely. How to deal with?
Julia Volkova: Hanging out with friends in a cafe to drink tea, maybe a drink in the evening with a glass of wine and having conversations. You can spend time with your family, you can call your parents - whatever, whichever mood. Typically, when I'm in a bad mood I don't want to leave the house. Then I'm surrounded by my loved ones and show them that I'm in a bad mood.

Question: Did you ever have a depressive state? And how do you fight him?
Julia Volkova: Sure, it happens - I'm a living person and I find it hard, and bad, and sad, and don't want anything, I want to give up everything and go. I can't fight, just leaving a bit and try to understand the reason why - that I started to be annoyed by myself that led to such depressions. 
I try to understand myself, because life goes on - we're living in today and tomorrow.

Question: Are you experiencing any different beaviour by the age of your daughter? When she matures, changing her principles and views?
Julia Volkova:  No, I don't worry. I'm an absolutely modern mom and treat everybody with understanding. We were all young, we all grew up and it's very important at this time to become a true friend of the child - not just a mother, but also a friend. A daughter who can come to consult, to share everything. As a wise woman, I should listen to her and give her the right advice.

Question: What do you feel when you look at yourself in the youth, about the period from 2000 to 2003?
Julia Volkova: It's been so long ago. I don't even remember what I was experiencing.

Question: I wanted to ask how are your kids? Do they sing already? Who want to be in the profession footstep like her mother? Whether accompanying you on tour?
Julia Volkova: My children are engaged in swimming, Vic has been singing, Samir playing chess. We haven't decide any profession. I will support them in all endeavors. As long as they're young children have the right to experiment.


Question: Qhich countries do you like to visit and which country are you close in spirit? Is there any place in Kiev that you particularly like to remember?
Julia Volkova: I like to travel, I love different countries - Europe, America, the warm countries. I like Kiev because there are a lot of friends, close to me in the spirit of the people. I love Kiev especially in summer.

Question Is there any desire to participate in Eurovision again?
Julia Volkova: No.

Question: How was it working with Gregory Mamurinym during the filming of the clip 'Derzhi Ryadom'?
Julia Volkova: It was perfect to work with him. He's a nice young man - modest, maybe a bit provocative but a very good boy. There were no problems with him, no dispute - it was like something dynamic, together. We had have fun.


Question What day of your life was the most memorable?
Julia Volkova: The day when I became a mother - the first and second time. I think for a woman it is the most-remembered for a lifetime when children are born into the world,

Question: Will there be any english version of your song?
Julia Volkova: Of course - we are currently working on the text.

Question: Is it possible that we'll see you in a movie again? Or aren't you planning anything in your film career?
Julia Volkova:  With pleasure. I like to be an actress. Just the received offers aren't very interesting, some strange roles. I would like to complete a meter - so expect suggestions from our great directors and I will be happy to participate in them.

Question: Are there any plans in future? Concerts, events, or a new song?

Julia Volkova: Sure, now I am in Kiev. Today I have a concert in DLux. Tomorrow I will fly to Sochi, where I have been involved in shootings. After that, I have a tour, I'll work on NYE. We are currently working on the second single. We have chosen a song. Soon we'll write the script for the clip -  - so after a long pause I'm working with full swing.

Question: Do you consider yourself beautiful? What do you think that you've changed your appearance in vain? Do not you think that go too far in those experiments on the exterior? 
Julia Volkova:  I always want to change and do something. I regret absolutely nothing. I'm the experimenter, like to let my hair grow, dye it in black, then blonde, then a bob ... While we are young, we have the right to experiment. Good or bad? Everyone, I think, will be enjoyed.

Question: When do you want to release your autographic book? I'm waiting for so long. 
Julia Volkova: I began to write the book, of course. But now I quir the work because a lot of other different things going on around - singles, songs, concerts, music. But yes, I want to bring this to mind - may be even several volumes, some segments of life. Talking about the release date, I won't promise to do it tomorrow but I will. So - wait, someday I will.

Question: Did you turn to fortune tellers, psychics? If so, for what reasons?
Julia Volkova: To be honest, yes - I periodically communicate. I think many people turn to psychics, because we're surrounded by so many envious of evil people and there is some confusion in the mind.

Question: How do you plan to celebrate the New Year on a stage or a family? Will you do some vacation on  New Year holidays?
Julia Volkova: My New Year will be in Sochi. There will be several concerts will - in Nizhny Novgorod and somewhere else. And after 10th  January I'm with my family, kids and going with friends to relax in the warm countries.

Question: How much time do you have spent on the external preparation for this conference? Can you tell how much time you need now for cosmetics / clothing?
Julia Volkova: On time - quickly. Because we flew into the hotel. We urgently need to be on the radio, in the shooting on TV. I think 40 minutes - I quickly went into the shower, with hair much I do not need makeup, too (blush, powder, lips red, and all). And what about the clothes - I do in life I go in casual clothes (sneakers, jeans, a sweater), so I don't bother, as long as I'm warm and comfortable.

Question: When will be the release of your new single? Whether you like the story about tATu and why did you want to put pepper spray under Katina's hotel door?
Julia Volkova: The new single we will most likely in the spring. Story about t.A.T.u. I, frankly, didn't see it. And then - I just have nothing to say.

Question: Tell us about the upcoming concert. What surprises are prepared?
Julia Volkova: On the conerts are no surprises. It's a live performance with the musicians, it's the girls who help me to sing. Live sound is important for me. I'm not Santa Claus, I do not cook surprises :)

What is your ideal job? To strive for? How many of our colleagues are inspired?

Julia Volkova: Do not make yourself an idol. And in general, I'm a fan of Michael Jackson, I like Madonna's show. And you should always strive for something - you need to set some goals and go for them.

Question: How to change your circle of acquaintances with the coming glory?
Julia Volkova: Actually, most of my friends are totally ordinary people from show business. By the way, I have some friends with anyone from the show business. It is important that we all meet, communicate, drink tea, sometimes we're on some different parties. But it is the sincere friendship - it is more with people from other areas.

Question: How do you lift your mood when you're sad? What makes you always happy?
Julia Volkova: My kids making me always happy. When I was very ill, I go back home and spend time with my children - go to the pool, go for a walk, go to the cinema. The family always supports me morally and gives me inspiration, a breath of air and strength to go further ahead.

Question: How do you feel about the fact that thousands of people praise you, and sometimes even worship?
Julia Volkova: Good. I like when people believe in me. I feel confident, I love it when people are able to support you in time and give you the opportunity to run up and move on forward.


Question: What do you think is the biggest drawback from public life?
Julia Volkova: The disadvantage is that it is often impossible to hide from the cameras. This leads to the fact that get into your personal life, discusses the dirty laundry in the closet, who lived with someone who slept with whom. This is disgusting and often it's flipped. The most in Internet and newspapers is absolutely untrue.

Question: You have a beautiful body. A gift of nature, or the result of enhanced training?
Julia Volkova: Firstly, genetics - this is the first. Both - my mom and dad are in the form. And, secondly, I train a lot - three times a week. I'm in the gym, swim and restrict your diet, stick to a healthy diet.

Question: Julia, you look wonderful. Tell us about your stylist.

Julia Volkova: Butch - I went to this for a long time and actually I didn't believe that I'll shave my hairs with 30 years. Now in some playful condition - I'm so cool, I like eyelashes, like the bright lips. It is possible that I'll let my hair grow in summer  again and make a square or increase hair - I like to change.

Boris: Do you remember how to spend the first fee?
Julia Volkova: Actually I do not remember, because I was still in 'Eralash". I didn't receive any money in 'Neposedy'. We also gave out some award after concerts. I do not remember but I think I bought some gifts for my parents.

Question: How often are you updating your wardrobe? 
Julia Volkova: Periodically, about once in three or four months. I have a lovely girl-designer, with whom we think over-draws suits, and somehow they update.

Question:  By the way, how about your favorite dishes?

Julia Volkova: What do you have in mind - to cook or eat? If you mean eat, I really like home Russian cuisine - soups, cutlets, podlivochki, solyanochki, baked chicken. And when it comes to cooking - something I love to do different cakes and pastries (apple pie, honey cake, some cupcakes in special forms).

Question: What is required to include in your rider?
Julia Volkova: Actually, I'm not one of those artists who is like: "please, that's just such a car, or just a private jet." The most important thin is to feel comfortable to sleep and convenient to eat, sleep - to see all the fans and that the concert was simply "Hurrah".

Question: Maybe do you remember some interesting gifts, surprises from the fans?

Julia Volkova: I always get something. Most of all I love portraits, when children paint them with oil, and handmade crafts. I have one fan - a boy from St. Petersburg, who constantly writting various beautiful things about me - it is also very nice.

Question: hat is your favorite city?

Julia Volkova: Moscow. I like many cities - Paris, London, Los Angeles. I like to be in many places, like to travel, to look around the world - all things on his own way,and the whole place is very cool.

Question: Do you like or love sports heel shoes?
Julia Volkova: Different. In my life, I often go out with sneakers. And on nights I put on a dress of course. I can dress beautifully.

Question: Is Victoria following in your footsteps?
Julia Volkova: Well, why not? She is artistic, her interesting facial expression and appearance. She sings. We will see. Tastes also change - now she wants to be a singer but maybe she would be an actress. Maybe she will become a great master. We'll see.  Everything is in her hands. And I'll support it.


Woman's Day Interview [28.12.2015]


Julia Volkova: "To take away the tablet is the best punishment for my children."


What are the main principles that guide you in raising children?
- I always try to communicate with them, be their friend, their counselor. I think it's very important that your child can always share with you one way or another problem, not to be closed in itself. We build a relationship of trust with each other. It helps children to feel some security. Trust and love are the main principles.

Is your education different between Victoria and Samir ?
- Firstly, they have a difference  age (Vick - 11 years old Samir - 8 years). Secondly, I bring Samir as a defender, a man who will protect his family in the future. Moreover, he is a very thinking boy and Vick is absolutely creative and a emotional person. At any age, the boys need to trust yourself more and the girls are waiting for more care. Therefore Samir is trying to give an opportunity to achieve anything without the help of adults and it is gradually gaining confidence, feeling its significance. If I offer him to tie shoelaces or something like that, he denies help, because he likes to do try it by alone. If the same will be asked for a girl, first of all she wants to feel the love and care.

You prefer to be a friend for your children, or rather the mistress?
- A friend, mentor and mother - all in one person. If you have any problems or just have questions, they can always come to me and talk, ask questions, seek advice. I think this is very correct, when the child is not closed in itself but is trying to share, and to throw out what has become painful or ask something. Vick may sometimes have to ask about the boys (laughs), just have a date of birth, and Samir ask more philosophical questions.

Are your children jealous when someone pay more attention to you and how do they express jealousy? Maybe try to attract attention somehow?
- No! Again, the boys and girls should be different parenting approach, especially if there is a difference in age. But I try to give them balanced love. I always try to pay attention to them and we spend time together when I have the chance: go to the cinema, children's cafe, skating, walkings, go to the beach in the summer. And, of course, the whole family celebrates events together. Children love to rest on the sea, so in their free time we travel around.

As the world belongs to the sister? I stand up for her? Gentleman browsing features?
- Between themselves, they can certainly quarrel. They're children. But Samir, when he's opening the door he let his little sister pass by first. This is a very gallant and cute at the same time.

Are you stuck in the quarrel between the children? Do you take someone aside and tell them what to do?  
- In any conflict, both are guilty. They try to solve every quarrel tso the same similar situations won't occur in the future. But they're children. They don't like to share something. This is normal.

What is the most severe punishment for children?
- I can order and pick up the tablets, smartphones and tell them to spend some time for educational purposes. For them, this is the most terrible punishment (laughs).

You were a obedient child? Did your parents often have to punish you? How were you punished?
- It's hard to call me an obedient child (laughs). I'm such a girl, very temperamental, emotional and talkative person. Of course, it was very acutely just in the period from 12 to 16. But parents have always been my friends, always calm and we sat and discussed certain issues.

Is it allowed to watch TV and use gadgets?
- I allow it, but metered. If you do the lessons have helped in some way ... It's more like a reward. During my tour, we are actively using different applications. Whatsapp, Viber and a good mobile Internet helps us to be together. But everything should be in moderation. To play all day with your tablet or phone is strictly prohibited.

Which sciences tend your children? Are they engage with the lessons?
- Samir is more inclined to the exact subjects, but Vick is a creative girl. My mother or the nanny is helping them with the homeworks. The main problem is the lack of time, otherwise when I've some time I'm helping them also.


Did your children have already told you what they want to become one day?
- It's early, but once Samir said he wants to become a president (laughs). But in fact he has an analytical mind, he likes the exact items and playing chess. I'm sure he has the chance to become a president.
But Vic loves to sing, to dance, just like me in my childhood. It is possible that she will be in the footsteps of her mother one day.

What do you do together?
- Sometimes Vika is with me on stage. Samir is not very interested in it. He's behind the scenes, of course. But he doesnt feel very comfortable on stage.


What are the interests of your children?
- Samirchik is playing chess, volleyball and swimming. He really likes it. Vick once went to tennis, made some progress in there. She is engaged in singing, dancing and the same goes for swimming.

Who is responsible for the male component of the education of your children?
- Samir takes the example of my father, helping him through the house. Looks like how his grandparents behave. He is a student in his gallantry, gentlemanly manners. Yes, and I'm with him I spend time to talk with him.

Do your children see their fathers?  How often?
- When the opportunity is given, they will gladly do it. I don't forbid it.

What chores do children do?
- Samir helps my dad to repair things or we clean the house together.

Do you spoil them?
- It's hard to say that I spoil them. I try to make each of them to feel my love. That's the main thing. Naturally, when I was on tour I bring some goodies or gifts but above all a child needs attention, respect and love.